contentACCESS MailApp vNext is a simple end-user-friendly contentACCESS client application designed to manually archive/restore from/to mailboxes directly in the MS Outlook desktop version or OWA 2013 (or higher) without needing an email archive job.
It works similarly to the other contentACCESS MailApp, but it also provides access to the user’s other models and the archived data in these models. You can check the other contentACCESS MailApp documentation here.
The contentACCESS MailApp is running on the following platforms:
- Desktop (Windows, Macintosh – on Macintosh, MS Outlook 2015+ is required)
- OWA (desktop computer, android, iOS, phone, tablet)
- Native MS Outlook app on tablets
- Native Outlook app on mobiles
- Exchange 2016 or later version. For more information, please read this article.
- MS Outlook O365, 2016 or later desktop version. Be aware that Office 2016 and 2019 have some limitations. For more information, please refer to this article.
- OWA (Outlook in Web) no Office limitation
- Proxy installed over HTTPS connection.
- Default shortcut and a default retention must be set in contentACCESS Central Administration.
- On the System page (System tab => Services group => System button => External accessibility settings) a HTTPS alias must be configured.
- Roles Org Custom Apps, Org Marketplace Apps, and User Options must be assigned for the EWS user on the Email archive System settings page in section EWS settings. These roles enable an administrator to install and manage custom apps for the organization (read more about the roles here).
If the user wants to use the Mail app in shared mailbox(es), the following is required:
- Office 1.5 API minimum. Supported Exchange and Outlook versions are described in this article (Supported API requirement sets column)
The following is NOT supported, therefore you won’t be able to use Mail app in these:
- Public folders
- Office365 group folders