Section Troubleshooting takes you through typical problems that might occur using the teamsTALK app and the solutions to them:
- teamsTALK and some COM add-ins are non-competent – in some cases, the apps are not supported for emails using other add-ins (for example: custom form is installed). This issue affects mostly the users who have contentACCESS and use shortcuts for archiving. The problem occurs only in MS Outlook (desktop version) and works correctly in OWA. As the error message says, the user can try turning off the COM add-ins individually. Unfortunately, this is a Microsoft limitation.
- Outlook can open only one add-in at the same time – if the teamsTALK is opened, and the user opens another add-in, the teamsTALK will be closed automatically, and vice-versa.
- Outlook versions 16.0.13XX and older – these versions of Office 365 Outlook were using the old Internet Explorer as a rendering engine for add-ins. This engine is very old-dated and has a lot of compatibility issues, which also affects the teamsTALK visualization and functionality. It is highly recommended to update to the latest version of Office 365 Outlook. If you need help to determine which version you have, this article can be useful.
- Report an issue function is blocked in Safari – if the pop-up windows are not enabled in Safari, the Report an issue button does not open the support email. Here’s an easy way to enable the pop-ups in Safari:
- 1. Open Outlook on the Web
- 2. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Websites.
- 3. Select Pop-up Windows on the left. If you don’t see Pop-up Windows, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the list.
- 4. In the pop-up menu for the website, choose the Allow: pop-ups for the website appears.
- “You are using an incompatible Outlook platform.” – if this message appears in the teamsTALK application, that means that the user’s current Outlook version is not supported, and/or the WebView2 engine is not installed. In this case, the user has to update the Outlook version, or download and install the WebView2 engine, which can be accessed easily from here. If this component is not installed, Outlook will still use the old rendering engine, which does not fully support teamsTALK. For further information about the WebView2 engine, read this article.
Help Guide Powered by Documentor